Responsible for enriching the lives of their clients. Life Coaches work with people of all ages and stages in life to identify and achieve goals by suggesting different actions necessary to take control of their future. Candidates should display patience, have excellent behavior management skills, detail oriented, ability to make independent decisions and take initiative to name a few.
Duties and responsibilities
- Weekly engagement with clients (community, phone, & ZOOM)
- Regular communication with Management Team over client’s plans/goals to ensure quality and effective services are provided
- Positive communication strategies along with paid incentives plans to motivate clients to work on and reach their goals
- Assist/guide clients to implement difficult changes/adjustments
- Provide encouragement and constructive feedback to clients
- Consistent, accurate, and timely documentation of all required client’s records
- Instruct clients on daily management of everyday task to help gain independence
- Participate in staff meetings and in service training as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Guidance and Counseling or Certified Life Coach preferred
- 60 credit hours in social service field
- High School Diploma or HSE
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working with youth and families
- Experience with in-person-centered planning approaches and positive behavioral supports
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle is required.