Home-Based Case Manager
Home-Based Case Managers will follow all requirements and outcome goals of DCS service standards. Services will be provided according to the Indiana Practice Model in such providers will build trust-based relationships with families and partners by exhibiting empathy, professionalism, genuineness and respect. Services will be high quality, family centered, and culturally competent. This position is designed to safely maintain children in their homes (or foster home); prevent children’s initial placement or reentry into foster care; preserve, support, and stabilize families; and promote the well-being of children, youth, and families.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Services can also occur in the school, community or facility. Home-based Caseworker Services provides any combination of the following kinds of services to the families as approved by DCS/Probation:
- Home visits
- Participation in DCS Case planning
- Supervised visitation
- Coordination of services
- Conflict management
- Emergency/crisis services
- Child development education
- Domestic violence education
- Parenting education/training
- Family communication
- Facilitate transportation
- Minimum BA/BS in Human Services, Psychology, or related field
- (Other Bachelor’s degrees will be accepted with 39 credit hours in human services or education)
- 3 years’ experience providing a service to families that need assistance in the protection and care of their children and/or providing skills training, development, and habilitation.
- Experience with person-centered planning approaches and positive behavioral supports
- Experience with behavior management
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to use a private car to transport self and others and must comply with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage.
- Possess good writing and oral skills to effectively communicate individuals’ needs and objectives.
- Knowledge of child abuse and neglect, child and adult development, community resources
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass all drug tests and background checks